Visitors to the local area
If you are not registered with a doctor but need to see one, you can receive emergency treatment from a local GP practice for 14 days.
You can register temporarily with a local GP if you're ill or need medical advice while you're away from home – for example, if you're working, studying or on holiday. Your temporary GP will pass details of any treatment you have to your permanent GP, who will add the information to your medical records.
To register as a temporary resident with a GP, please contact the local surgery that covers the area you are staying in.
Please note: Our clinicians will need to know about any medication you are taking or any allergies you have. Please make sure you have these details before your appointment, please contact your own GP if necessary.
Newquay Area (including Crantock, Cubert, Holywell Bay, Newlyn East and Watergate)
- Newquay Health Centre, St Thomas Road Tel: 01637 850002
- Narrowcliff Surgery, Narrowcliff Tel: 01637 854433
Perranporth Area (including Goonhavern, also Cubert and Holywell Bay))
- Perranporth Surgery, Beach Rd Tel: 01872 572255
St Columb Area (including St Mawgan, Bedruthan Steps, Fraddon, Indian Queens and Whiteacres Holiday Park)
- St Columb Major Surgery, Trekenning Rd Tel: 01637 880359
Padstow Area (including St Merryn)
- The Medical Centre, Boyd Avenue, Padstow Tel: 01841 532346
Before contacting the local GP practice consider the following options:
- General advice and over the counter treatments for many minor ailments such as sunburn, hayfever, stings, coughs and colds etc
- Lost / forgotten medication – most pharmacies in Newquay are able provide emergency medication during the peak holiday period (end of July – early Sept)
- For telephone advice 24 hours a day, and out of hours GP cover.
Newquay Minor Injuries Unit
- sprains and strains
- wound infections
- minor burns and scalds
- minor head injuries
- insect and animal bites
- minor eye injuries
- injuries to the back, shoulder and chest