We operate a telephone call back service. The doctors are able to deal with a good proportion of problems over the telephone, freeing up face to face appointments.
When you request an appointment, you will be given an approximate time when your doctor will call you back. Please leave your current telephone number. If the outcome is a face to face appointment your doctor will arrange your appointment time for that day, or another day, at a mutually agreed time.Please try to call before 10:00am if you wish to be seen the same day.
Monday is our busiest day, so if your problem is not urgent, you may wish to call us later in the week.
Why does the receptionist sometimes ask me for more information on my medical problem?
It is not a case of the receptionists being nosey!
The reception staff are members of the practice team and they may ask you for more information on your medical problems in order to ensure that you receive:
- The most appropriate medical care
- From the most appropriate health professional
- At the most appropriate time
- It also helps your doctor prioritise house visits and phone calls
Reception staff, like all members of the surgery team, are bound by confidentiality rules
- Any information given by you is treated in the strictest confidence
- The practice takes any breach of confidentiality very seriously
- You can ask to speak to a receptionist in private away from the reception counter
However if you feel your issue is very private and you do not wish to say what this is then we will respect your decision
A late surgery operates Monday to Friday. These appointments are for those patients who are unable to attend during normal surgery hours due to their work commitment.