Referrals made by your GP
What happens when you are referred to the hospital by your GP - information available by clicking on this link
Managing your hospital appointment
If you have been referred to the Royal Cornwall Hospital by us then you can manage your appintments through the RCHT patient hub. You can access this by clicking on this link
We know that attending hospital can ber a daunting experience for many patients. RCHT does provide a number of videos and resources that can support patients ahead of their appointment or consultation. You can access these through this link.
NHS e-Referral Tracking
If your doctor has referred you to a specialist for further care you will be asked to book your appointment using the ‘NHS e-Referral’ system.
You will receive a letter from us within 2 weeks giving details of how to book your appointment and any passwords you may need.
To track your e-Referral you will need the following details to log into the e-Referral website:
- Your date of birth
- Reference number – this will be on the first page of your letter
- Password – this will be on the second page of your letter
To track an e-Referral, click here.
RCHT Patient hotline for elective care
A hotline and email address has been set up to support non-COVID-19 patients who have been referred to a consultant and are experiencing a worsening of their symptoms whilst their waiting for a hospital appointment or operation. The details will be taken by a call handler and escalated to an appropriate speciality clinician for advice and guidance.
The aim of the hotline is to:
- avoid patients having to return to their GP to raise concerns about their condition or symptoms with a view to expediting care
- ensure there is clear route in for enquiries where patients are concerned about their condition
- help keep patients safe whilst waiting for treatment as all enquiries and concerns will be assessed by a clinician
Patients with worsening symptoms should call the hotline on 0800 035 7777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This hotline is for patients with worsening symptoms. For information on routine waiting times use the links above