Newquay Physio Self Referral
For ongoing muscular or joint pains it is possible to self refer to Newquay Physiotherapy Department (with certain exceptions). The following criteria ARE NOT elligible.
- Patients with back/neck pain must see a clinician first for a written referral.
- Children between 10 and 16 must be referred by a GP. They do not see children under 10
Please complete the self referral form then send to the department via post/fax/email or by hand. This will then be reviewed and you will be contacted to arrange a convenient time.
Information is available here
You can download the self referral form here and email to email@example.com
The nereast clinic is:
Newquay Hospital St Thomas Road, Newquay, TR7 1RQ
First Contact Physiotherapy Service
From May 2020 the surgery offer a First Contact Physiotherapy service. The physio can treat the following conditions:
- All soft tissue injuries, sprains, strains or sports injuries
- Arthritis – any joint
- Possible problems with muscles, ligaments, tendons or bone (e.g. tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, ankle sprains)
- Spinal pain including lower back pain, mid-back pain and neck pain
- Spinal-related pain in arms or legs, including nerve symptoms (e.g. pins and needles or numbness)
- Post-orthopaedic surgery
How to book an Appointment
Please contact a member of the admin team who will be able to book you an appointment with the First Contact Physiotherapist. You do not need to speak with your doctor.
Most appointments are 20 minutes and, like most GP appointments, are delivered via the telephone, video or face to face.
First Contact Physios use the same referral pathways as GPs to secondary care, x-ray and social prescribing. Where necessary, First Contact Physios can refer to the GP (and vice versa).